For manufacturers and designers of medical trauma and advanced wound care products, the goal is to promote safety and healing in patients. Polymer Science offers groundbreaking innovation in skin contact adhesives including silicone, acrylics and hydrogels. Our P-DERM® skin contact adhesives are specifically formulated and fabricated to meet the rigors of the most challenging medical care.
Skin Contact Adhesives in Medical Trauma
Medical trauma care presents a number of challenges for skin contact adhesives. To secure dressings, wound closure devices and medical devices to the skin, manufacturers can partner with Polymer Science during the design phase. Our team provides extensive experience and insight into many of these challenges including:
- Strong and durable adhesives to withstand the rigors of trauma care. Skin contact adhesives for medical trauma must hold dressings, bandages and medical devices in place. Adhesives must function despite the presence of blood, sweat, dirt and other foreign debris.
- Safe for all types of skin. Non-toxic and hypoallergenic adhesives are necessary to protect sensitive skin, allergies and other risks for trauma patients.
- Trauma adhesives must be easy to apply. In fast-paced and stressful settings, the application of dressings and medical devices must be easy and effective.
- Pain-free and atraumatic removal from the skin. To prevent further injury to the patient, skin contact adhesives must be easy to remove and as pain-free as possible.
- Cost-effective adhesives. Frequently used materials in trauma care must be affordable and accessible to first responders, trauma personnel and patients to promote the best outcomes.
Quick and Effective Solutions
Polymer Science manufactures all of our P-DERM® skin contact adhesives for trauma care in the United States. For decades, we have helped manufacturers meet the challenges of trauma and design technological advances to promote healing, prevent infection and reduce pain for patients.
Our P-DERM® skin contact adhesives include:
- Silicone Gel Adhesives: Silicone gel adhesives are one of the most effective solutions for trauma care settings. Non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and water-resistant silicone gel adhesives are able to secure bandages and other medical devices to the skin. P-DERM® Silicone gel adhesives are also easy to remove, which can help to reduce pain and discomfort for patients.
- Hydrogel Adhesives: Like silicone gel adhesives, hydrogel adhesives are non-toxic, hypoallergenic and water-resistant. Trauma settings and wound care are often moist environments. P-DERM® Hydrogel adhesives secure easily and also provide atraumatic removal.
- Non-Adhesive Films: Films create a hypoallergenic and breathable barrier between skin and medical devices. Non-adhesive films are beneficial in dealing with burns and other trauma.
- Medical Grade Tapes: Cost-effective medical grade tapes and adhesives are needed in trauma settings to secure bandages and other medical devices to the skin.
Working with Polymer Science
Polymer Science offers a wide range of adhesives, carriers and release liners. When you require experience and knowledge in skin contact adhesives for trauma care, contact the team at Polymer Science. Our process helps identify the best materials for your design and application. Whether you need a cost-effective adhesive or cutting-edge custom solutions, the team at Polymer Science provides the materials to suit your design.